Substance Use Disorder Supervisor
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
Oversees daily operations of Substance Use Disorders (SUD) at
Behavioral Health Services. This position is responsible for
clinical supervision of SUD staff and ensures the program meets
state, federal, and grant standards. This position serves as a
liaison to Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) medical
providers and community partners and provides treatment services to
Relocation offered for candidates outside of the Yakima Valley!
* Oversees the licensed substance use treatment program and ensures
compliance with all regulations.
* Responsible for ongoing process improvement and development of
new programming and service delivery projects involving substance
use for the organization.
* Provides subject matter expert input for policy development
involving substance use service delivery in the organization.
* Develops and oversees reporting to probation, courts and outside
organizations, insuring reports are complete, timely and
* Represents Behavioral Health Services at community meetings
relevant to provision of SUD services and keeps up to date on
changes in the SUD field.
* Provides clinical supervision to SUD staff.
* Monitors the competency of each staff person s skills and
abilities related to provision of treatment services. Facilitates
additional training as needed.
* Conducts regular review of clinical records to ensure compliance
and quality, including formal in-depth annual reviews of a sample
of clinical records maintained by clinical staff.
* Reviews curriculum for continued relevance and application to
patient population and initiates changes within evidence-based
* Provides treatment to patients in individual and group settings
including SUD assessments, brief treatment services, and crisis
* Adheres to all national standards for clinical work for both
diagnoses and treatment and insures all program patients are
admitted, maintained in treatment, discharged and/or transferred to
another level of care as appropriate.
* Works with patients, family members and involved community
supports to implement treatment plans.
* Ensures program patients obtain additional healthcare services if
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
* Education: Associate in Arts Degree in Addiction Studies,
Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Counseling, Mental
Health or related field.
* Experience: Four years' experience working in a behavioral health
setting providing direct services in substance use disorder
treatment, including two years of supervisory experience. A total
of four years experience is required. Direct service experience
working with youth in a behavioral health setting preferred.
* Required Licenses/Certifications: Substance Use Disorder
Professional (SUDP) licensure required. Meet qualifications of a
Washington State approved Substance Use Disorder Professional
supervisor: Three thousand hours' experience in a state approved
substance use disorder treatment agency; or any combination of
hours and substitutions per WAC 246-811-049. Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid certification within 45 days of
* Knowledge/Skills/Abilities : Bilingual (English/Spanish)
preferred. This position is not eligible for bilingual differential
pay. Knowledge of American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
diagnostic and treatment level criteria Knowledge of the most
current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)
and multi-axial evaluation Ability to conduct functional
assessments. Ability to work with patients with complex or multiple
diagnoses. Knowledge of Revised Code of Washington (RCWs) and
Washington Administrative Codes (WACs) as related to the provision
of services. Knowledge of culturally relevant resources available
including services for monolingual, non-English speaking consumers
and Native American consumers. Ability to deliver advanced
evaluative techniques of personality, academic, behavioral and
cognitive domains to support a comprehensive treatment action plan.
Knowledge of personnel and systems management approaches. Knowledge
of therapeutic approaches to substance use disorders. Ability to
effectively express ideas verbally and in writing in individual and
group settings. Effective presentation skills with groups of all
sizes. Ability to convey complex details in a simplified manner.
Ability to effectively coordinate with state social workers,
probation officers, school personnel and others to meet the
treatment needs of youth in the program.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
* We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
* We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
* We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no
matter the risk.
* We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
* We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
* We will let joy in.
* We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything
short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Substance Use Disorder Supervisor, Other , Cowiche, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!