Ar Billing & Coding Specialist
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
Position is responsible for validating and extracting healthcare
codes that are supported by chart documentation. It is also
responsible for following-up on claims and statements in accordance
with payer rules and benefits.
- Identifies and obtains missing information to clear the revenue
- Performs updates to registration and coverage information.
- Navigates payor sites to determine patient eligibility,
benefits, exclusions and payor enrollment.
- Posts charges in the billing system, Practice Management
System, per the Coding rules and conventions.
- Keeps records of billing activities.
- Abstracts clinical information from a variety of medical
records, charts, and documents and assigns appropriate billing
codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- Works with coding databases and confirms diagnosis coding
- Reviews charge documents for completeness and returns
incomplete documents to the source.
- Sends charges to the next payor per guidelines.
- Interacts with Providers, payors, and patients to complete the
revenue collection process.
- Education: High School diploma or General Education Diploma
(GED). Graduate of a medical coding program is preferred.
- Experience: Six months' experience in healthcare coding or
billing. Previous experience on a healthcare practice management
system. Experience with a billing system such as Practice
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CPC (Certified Professional
Coder) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Proficiency with a variety
of computer programs including EpiCare, Prelude, Resolute, Word and
Excel. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Strong customer
relations skills preferred. Knowledge of coding/billing preferred.
Knowledge of medical/dental terminology, data entry, and billing
coding preferred. Knowledge of accounts receivable processes
preferred. Ability to use and understand billing coding books and
guides. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. This position is not
eligible for bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Ar Billing & Coding Specialist, Other , Outlook, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!