Assistant Packaging Operator
Company: Lamb Weston Holdings Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Title: Assistant Packaging Operator
Location: Boardman, OR
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato,
appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers
around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced
innovative, inventive products that make life better for our
customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Operator supports a production line by setting up and
operating line equipment. They assist the Line Operator to produce
a quality product and meet plant production goals.
* Equipment operation:
* Set up and operate line equipment. This is to include equipment
such as coders, case erectors, tapers, check weighers, etc.
* Monitor equipment for proper operation during production.
* Identify and report problems or machine issues that prevent
making a quality product or running at required speeds.
* Monitor line production in order to detect and report quality
issues with the final product.
* Provide assistance and work breaks to any and all positions on
the production line.
* Perform quality audits to ensure correct weights, seals, blends,
* Assist adjacent production lines when needed.
* Actively participate in and support continuous improvement
* Maintain current knowledge on the proper operation of equipment
by participating in machine set ups and training for lines not
* Follow direction given by the Operator, Lead and Supervisor on
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures
* Other duties as assigned
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
* Six months of related production-based experience preferred but
we will teach people who are willing to learn!
* Knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety
precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned
* Good communication skills, written and verbal in English.
* Skills in teamwork and communication including problem solving
* Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to
* Ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating procedures, other instructions and equipment manuals.
* Ability to perform assigned work independently with minimal
* Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our
benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the
most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
* Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
* Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and
Health Reimbursement Accounts
* Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness
* Paid Time Off
* Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous
company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock
purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident
* Family-Friendly Employee events
* Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other
concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status,
and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining
Job Requisition ID: Req-231062
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any
other protected factor under federal, state or local law
Keywords: Lamb Weston Holdings Inc, Yakima , Assistant Packaging Operator, Other , Boardman, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!