Laborer Journey Person - Onshore - US
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Laborer to join our team in
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without
sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or
- Position, join, align and seal structural components, such as
concrete wall sections and pipes
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers:
and mix, pour, and spread concrete
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement
and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using
floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing
- Tend to machines that pump concrete, grout, and sand
- Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for
tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling
devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
- Assisting build and positioning forms for pouring concrete, and
dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible
hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and
level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels,
pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic
barricades, ramps and other temporary structures.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and
tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according
to project plans and specifications.
- Act as a watch when welding or metal cutting is performed by
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to
determine work activities
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs
various janitorial / housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
project rules, including wearing required personal safety
equipment. Performs other duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications
Typically 3 years and above documented field experience in chosen
craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions
and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Yakima , Laborer Journey Person - Onshore - US, Other , Hermiston, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!