Hipaa Privacy Officer
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series. The organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
The Privacy Officer for Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic has
responsibility for the development, implementation, oversight, and
evaluation of all processes to ensure the organization's compliance
with applicable federal and state HIPAA regulations and
What We Offer
- Salary $77,000 - $100,000 DOE with ability to go higher for
highly experienced candidates.
- Relocation allowance.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee privacy-related
policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigations of privacy-related complaints and
respond to privacy-related inquiries from workforce members,
patients and/or family members, the compliance hotline, or other
- Develop and implement (or oversee implementation of) corrective
action plans (in response to complaints and investigations. This
includes working with Human Resources and leadership to ensure
consistent application of disciplinary action standards for privacy
- Based on outcomes of privacy-related investigations, report to
state and federal authorities, as appropriate, and communicate with
patients or individuals when their Personal Health Information
(PHI) or Personal Information (PI) has been used or disclosed in
violation of our standards.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee training and
education programs for privacy issues, including, new employee
orientation, annual online training, and department - specific
- Conduct annual privacy risk assessment and develop a work plan
to address identified risks, including conducting an audit and
- Cooperate with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
(HHS), Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and other federal and state
entities in any privacy program audits, inquiries, or
- Collaborate with VP of Quality and Compliance and other
leadership to ensure alignment between privacy and other areas of
compliance (e.g., research compliance, billing compliance, pharmacy
- Prepare written documentation, reports, and presentations, as
required. Maintain, distribute, analyze, and collect information
for required records, reports, and statistics, as directed.
- Initiate, facilitate, and promote communication activities to
foster privacy awareness within CHC.
- Serve as a resource on the laws, regulations, and internal
policies pertaining to privacy, health information, and PI for
employees, visitors, patients and others, as needed.
- Stay current with relevant federal and state privacy laws and
regulations and modify the privacy program accordingly to remain
compliant, and consistent with industry best practices.
- Enhance professional growth and development by participating in
educational programs, distributing, and reading current literature
and conducting and participating in in-service meetings and
- Education: Bachelor s degree in Healthcare Administration or
related field. Master s degree in Healthcare Administration or
related field preferred.
- Experience: Three years of general privacy experience. Five
years of general privacy or compliance experience preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certification
in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC). Certified Information
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Works
effectively in a fast-paced environment and successfully manages
multiple privacy investigations and projects simultaneously.
Possess excellent organization, attention to detail, facilitation,
technical, and analytical skills. Gathers relevant information
systematically, breaks down problems into simple components, makes
sound decisions and provides appropriate, comprehensive information
to target audiences. Demonstrates discretion, diplomacy, integrity
and good judgement. Maintains strict confidentiality and discerns
appropriate audiences for specific information. Effectively manages
risk in an innovative setting and prioritizes work based on risk.
Possesses strong communication and presentation skills. Clearly and
concisely expresses ideas in groups and one-to-one conversations,
and via formal and informal documents. Strong project management
skills, ensuring projects come to fruition from inception to
completion. MS Office expertise and knowledge of electronic medical
record auditing software.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: compliance office,
corporate, counsel, court, courtroom, internal, lawyer, legal,
legal affairs, legal department
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Hipaa Privacy Officer, Other , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!