Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Yakima Waste a Waste Connections Company, is looking to hire a
Welderto join our team in Yakima, Washington.Schedule will be
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. Hourly Wage is $22.00-25.00/HR
DOE!Why Join Us?* CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in
an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what
they do is important.* INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what
you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our
customers and our employees.* RESPECT: We show respect for our
customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through
all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities
we are privileged to serve.Responsibilities include:
- Main duties will be welding and fabrication on Drop Boxes,
Compactors, Containers and Truck Fleet.
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand needed
repairs and/or tasks.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Welding, painting, and grinding responsibilities.
- Welding/Cutting abilities to include MIG, TIG, Stick, Aluminum,
Plastic, Brazing, Carbon Arc, Plasma Cutting, OXY Acetylene, MAP
Gas and Propane.
- Utilize needle scaler, grinder, drill, drill press, sanders,
band saw,hand tools, hammers, sledgehammer, tape measure, shear,
metal brake, angle finder, level, and shop press.
- Driving a forklift.
- Available to help Mechanics in maintenanceshop as
- General cleaning responsibilities.
- Equipment safety checks: air compressors, welders, ladders,
extension cords, miscellaneous hand tools.
- Maintain and track inventory of parts and supplies.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding
equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g.
cut material with powered saws to match measurements)Minimum Job
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
(TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares,
- 3+ years of experience as a Heavy-Duty Welding
- Ability to Stand for 8+ Hour Shifts.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds continuously throughout and 8
hour shift.WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop or outdoors. Usually,
well-light and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward
or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These
factors require following basic safety precautions.To be considered
for any of our current openings you must complete an application at
www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional
instructions can be found once you select your position of
interest.We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term
disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited
opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".Waste Connections is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Yakima , Shop Welder, Other , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!