Police Officer - University Police and Public Safety (POOL)
Company: Central Washington University
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Central Washington University is recruiting a Police Officer to
join our University Police and Public Safety team in Ellensburg,
Washington. This role is an important member of our team as they
provide a safe and secure environment for the University. The role
is a campus-based position, which means you get to see the lives
you are impacting. We're offering a salary, depending on
experience, from $66,420 - $87,144 plus the awesome CWU benefits.
Who we are: We are a team of individuals committed to Changing
Students' Lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in
supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams.
Working in higher education provides career growth and career
choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating
across 380 acres. You'll find diverse academics, libraries,
athletics and sporting events, full service and quick serve dining,
conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers,
housing for -10,000 students, health services, police and public
safety. For the seventh time in eight years, CWU is a recipient of
the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED)
Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our
journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all
identities thrive on campus.Tour our campus in Ellensburg here.
What we offer: Our investment in you begins the day you join our
team, a healthy and successful future for you is important to us.
We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement
and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your
dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program
for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program.
Learn more: .The Role:The CWU Police Department is accepting
applications to fill future anticipated openings for the position
of Police Officer. This position works in partnership with our
communities to create a safe and secure environment through
education and enforcement. Police Officers perform general duty
police work by patrolling the campus by vehicle, bicycle, or on
foot. The Campus Police Officer is responsible for security,
protection, providing assistance, crime prevention, investigation,
emergency aid, and ensuring proper enforcement of applicable
federal, state, and local statutes and other university
- Patrol designated areas including classrooms, residence halls,
and other facilities, by vehicle, bicycle, or on foot, as
- Investigate and take action on complaints and related details as
- Perform community caretaking
- Respond to and handle emergency calls in patrol areas
- Respond and assist city, county, or other law enforcement
agencies in cases of emergency
- Conduct parking enforcement
- Advise, direct, and give information to the general public
- Perform related duties in connection with special events,
information services, medical assists, animal control, and various
other public services
- Make public safety presentations to the department, campus
community, and general public
- Prepare accurate and complete records and reports
- Provide documentation to the Prosecutor, Courts, other criminal
justice and social service agencies and appear in Court when
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. Citizen
- Twenty-one years of age
- High school graduation or equivalent
- A valid driver's license
- No felony or domestic violence convictions
- Special Conditions of Employment: Incumbents must be able to
obtain peace officer certification as required by the State of
Washington. Incumbents have complete police authority, including
arrest powers, and are required to be commissioned law officers
under the regulations of the State of Washington.Preferred
- Accredited college degree in criminal justice, police science,
or related field
- Law enforcement and/or University law enforcement
- College degree (AA/Bachelor's/Master's)
- Certified law enforcement officerCompetencies
- Professional Knowledge: Applies principles and procedures of
crime prevention, law enforcement, and the criminal justice
- Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationship with others.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to respond quickly and
effectively to uncertainty and constant changes.
- Dependability: Ability to consistently be at work and on time,
follow instructions (verbal and written), respond to direction, and
solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Integrity/Honesty: Consistently demonstrates and adheres to
high moral code and standards.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for actions and works to
improve deficiencies. Is mindful of and works to promote the
reputation of the department to the community we serve.
- Ability to embrace and promote a diverse environment.Don't meet
every single requirement? At CWU we're dedicated to building a
diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited
about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with
every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. This may be
the job for you!
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $5,535 /month with periodic increases up to $7,262
/monthSchedule/Appointment: Rotating shifts, including night and
weekend shifts Working Conditions: Patrol work is performed indoors
and outdoors and will have exposure to all types of weather and
conditions. Frequent contact with clients, including some contact
with those who may be angry, distraught, or frustrated. Potential
for damage to health, life, and property. Required to work varying
and rotating shifts and hours. Weekend, holiday and occasional
overtime work is required. Work requires a normal range of hearing
and visual acuity, eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity.
Operate a motor vehicle. Use firearm(s) and respond to force to
protect lives. Some travel is required. Benefits: CWU offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental
insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and
disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans
depending on employment classification. For additional information
please visit: An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans.
To learn more, visit: .
Keywords: Central Washington University, Yakima , Police Officer - University Police and Public Safety (POOL), Other , Ellensburg, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!