Service Care Coordinator
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: March 18, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
Provides direct service, care coordination and education to
patients of Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) for various
programs. Provides information and support to internal and external
What We Offer
- $17-$21/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties
- Executes incoming calls, assesses client/patient needs, and
identifies appropriate services that are comprehensive and
individualized to best serve each client/patient.
- Collects appropriate documentation to support and determine
program services eligibility.
- Assists client/patient with scheduling dates for appointments
- Processes patient referrals for a variety of services including
Medical, Dental, and programs including Behavioral Health.
- Monitors and documents active referrals and client
- Assists patients with completion of applications and forms
required by the program(s) they will participate in. Ensures
patient information is complete and entered in appropriate data
- Responds to basic questions from patients.
- Provides follow-up contact with patient regarding service and
referrals recommended. Encourages client participation and
retention in various programs and classes.
- Performs work to align with productivity goals and standards
including # patients, # encounters, # appointments scheduled and #
- Provides program administrative support such as data entry,
client file management, report development and contract
- Coordinates and promotes YVFWC programs. Recruits
clients/patients for dental services, medical services, social
services or education classes. Reserves conference rooms, obtains
supplies, organizes snacks for classes.
- Presents program information in various internal and external
community meetings and functions as requested.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Experience: One year of administrative support and customer
service experience. One year s health care or social services
experience. Two years administrative support experience in a social
services or healthcare setting preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Applicable license or
certification. Some positions may require program specific
certification. Valid Driver s License and proof of automobile
liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual
(English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to
communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive
bilingual differential pay. Ability to plan, coordinate and
organize work projects. Ability to provide professional written and
verbal presentations. Ability to prioritize work and handle a
variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions.
Ability to effectively interact with the public, patients, and
clinic staff in a professional manner. Ability to understand and
apply program requirements and applicable local, state and federal
guidance. Knowledge of the social and health agencies in the area
and services they provide. Effective verbal, written and listening
communication skills. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer
programs including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in Washington
State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered
Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical,
dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling,
autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s
patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of
care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV
and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Service Care Coordinator, Other , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...