Quality Control Supervisor
Company: Stemilt Growers LLC
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Quality Control Supervisor
Ref # 23-117
Are you interested in driving change? Do you have a
curiosity-driven mindset to discover what is possible? Are you a
self-driven individual with integrity? Do you want to be part of a
department that is on the path to become uniquely extraordinary? If
so, join us as Stemilt's Quality Control Supervisor. Stemilt, a
vertically integrated Company that brings wholesome and earth
friendly products to families around the world, and the largest
employer and pillar for the Wenatchee valley community, is looking
to become a leading employer, not just in its home valley but,
around Washington, and the world. If you are an open-minded,
continuously learning individual that looks to push the limits, and
is beyond ego... This Company is for you. We are World Famous! Join
us, you will love it here ?? !
As Stemilt's Quality Control Supervisor you are tasked with
maintaining the integrity of fruit from harvest to packing. The
Quality Control Supervisor i s responsible for monitoring,
evaluating, and appropriately storing cherries, apples, and pears.
They will work directly with the QC lab and the QC receiving teams
to assist in the training, supervising, and evaluation of crews.
This position supports four thousand Stemilters and it's required
to deliver extraordinary customer service at all levels , in
addition to having a working knowledge of horticulture, harvest
processes, and postharvest treatments. Strong problem-solving
skills a must .
- Manage and have an understanding for:
- QC Lab: Manage array of postharvest maturity and quality
- Pre and Postharvest Horticulture: troubleshooting
physiological, pathological and logistical challenges
- Receiving and Fruit Movement: manage harvest and postharvest
fruit movement and storage logistics
- Display leadership for, maintain and supervise seasonal
receiving teams and bin inventory personnel
- Good communication with Stemilt managers, customers, employees
and other interested parties.
- Maintain and develop standard operating procedures to meet
goals of department.
- Be an example and advocate of the Stemilt Handbook and Stemilt
- Create a culture within the team that leads to ensuring
extraordinary customer service for all team members.
- Hold self and team accountable and ensure the development of a
self-leadership team culture.
- Contribute to the team and the Company in various other ways
when requested or required. Reports to: Quality control manager
Direct reports: QC Harvest
What we bring to your table:
- A World Famous! benefits package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Matched 401(k)
- Paid holidays
- Performance Incentive Plan
- An amazing opportunity to create new performance standards and
help lead a new team, develop knowledge and new career growth
paths. What you bring to our World Famous! Table:
- Ag harvest or raw product movement experience
Bachelor's degree in Horticulture or related field, and valid
- Understanding of horticulture, fruit physiology, biology,
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of fruit grade, sizes, varieties.
- Ability to train new employees and promote employees in job
- Excellent verbal and written communication and personnel
- Ability to perform detailed functions and make quick
informative decisions during periods of high pressure.
- Must be able to work in cross functional Stemilt teams
- Completion of Stemilt Growers, LLC. Safety program
- A desire to create strategy and design of an environment that
creates a World Famous ! employee experience.
- Ability to deliver high quality results with an exceptional
transparent, consultative, and partnering attitude.
- Ability to interact and connect with all Stemilters.
- A commitment to understand that change is the only constant and
a practice of change with purpose, flexibility, and adaptability is
- A desire to deliver an extraordinary experience at every
interaction, in fact World Famous! Success defined:
- An exceptional QC team that consistently meets and exceeds
goals! ?? Associated topics: captain, editor in chief, executive
producer, fire captain, fire chief, general manager, manager,
project manager, sergeant, shift lead
Keywords: Stemilt Growers LLC, Yakima , Quality Control Supervisor, Other , Cashmere, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!