Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Assists direct supervisor with the routine aspects of
operational management for the clinic or medical residency program.
Assists clinicians and supervisory staff with administrative tasks
including communication and correspondence, filing, scheduling and
What We Offer
- $17-21/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Provides confidential administrative support to the direct
supervisor and administrative staff.
- Answers calls and transfers calls as necessary.
- Screens calls for direct supervisor and responds when
- Collects, sort and distributes all incoming mail daily.
- Works independently with limited direction from the direct
supervisor to accomplish appropriate projects and tasks.
- Obtains absent/tardy information from supervisors and records
on daily attendance log.
- Maintains an updated accessible filing system.
- Prepares and distributes monthly provider on site and on call
clinic schedules to clinic staff and local hospitals.
- Ensures timely processing and approval of staff time cards in
coordination with departmental supervisors. Distributes timesheets
from Toppenish Payroll, collects, prepares, and returns them when
signed. Maintains copies.
- Attends all meetings as requested by direct supervisor.
- Prepares meeting agendas, takes, transcribes and distributes
minutes of assigned meetings.
- Assists direct supervisor with day-to-day activities.
- Maintains reports as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Composes, edits, types and proofs correspondence, reports,
forms charts, manuals and other documents assigned by direct
- Maintains conference room schedules.
- Ensures meeting facilities are prepared as requested by the
- Assists with patient complaints and concerns.
- Maintains contact with staff, clinicians, patients, agencies
and members of the community.
- Secures travel arrangements for direct supervisor and other
staff as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: One year's office experience. Two years' complex
office experience and responsibilities preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Ability to
type quickly and accurately. Computer knowledge in Word, Excel.
Ability to be extremely organized and accountable. Ability to
exercise independent judgment and discretion. Ability to supervise
and be sensitive to individual needs of staff and patients. Ability
to work with frequent interruptions. Knowledge of medical/dental
office operations preferred.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Administrative Assistant, Other , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!