Northwest Community Action Center Instructor
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Provides instruction in a classroom or virtual setting to
community members to support expanded learning and enable
successful transition to post-secondary education and/or the
What We Offer
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays,
uniform allowance, and more.
- Teaches Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes to improve English
language skills and increase educational attainment.
- Instruction is designed to prepare students for the General
Education Diploma (GED), post-secondary education, and/or the
- Prepares lesson plans for students in a number of learning
- Designs, develops, and delivers learning opportunities and
assesses individual academic progress.
- Differentiates instruction to meet the individual student s
needs and various learning styles.
- Documents and reports student attendance and progress.
- Incorporates Life Skills, Leadership, Vocational Skills and
other relevant learning opportunities.
- Attends case management meetings and provides feedback on
- Solicits, screens, and orients volunteer tutors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Certification and/or
demonstrated knowledge of the subject matter being instructed.
Bachelor s Degree in Education, Communication, Business
Administration, or related field preferred.
- Experience: Two years experience teaching adults and/or
teenagers. One year supervisory experience in a classroom setting
or educational program preferred. Two years experience developing
and/or implementing curricula through instruction in a classroom
setting or educational program preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CPR/First Aid
Certification to be obtained in the first 30 days of employment.
Valid Driver s License and proof of automobile liability insurance
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of the GED Test, ABE, and
TEFL/TESOL and other teaching strategies. Effective verbal, written
and listening communication skills with individuals and groups.
Strong organizational skills. Ability to lead in a team-oriented,
collaborative environment. Ability to design, implement, and
evaluate educational programs and services. Ability to effectively
manage a classroom and students. Basic proficiency with a variety
of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and
PowerPoint. Proficiency with virtual platforms including Google
Classroom, Google Meets, and Zoom.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: case management,
development, development manager, manage, project, program
development, program management, project development, project
management, resource development
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Northwest Community Action Center Instructor, Other , Zillah, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!