Financial Specialist I
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Reviews budget, expense reporting, and invoices for grants and
contracts. Performs reconciliations and analysis of associated
What We Offer
- $23-$29/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Provides fiscal administrative support to contract
coordinators, directors and funding agencies for Yakima Valley Farm
Workers Clinic (YVFWC) grant contracts.
- Prepares budget and expense reports for YVFWC grants ensuring
compliance per Federal, State, and/or private regulations. Performs
budget prep and processes monthly reimbursement requests for
- Performs analysis of grant contract by comparing grant budget
to expense information on a monthly basis and identifies potential
areas of non-compliance or discrepancies.
- Prepares journal entries for grant activity according to the
contract including tracking and allocation of costs, preparation of
grant billings, and report submission.
- Assists in applying knowledge of grant regulations and
reporting requirements and provides guidance to managers in
understanding financial requirements for grants.
- Monitors grants accounts receivable postings and verifies
correct payments are received.
- Prepares special reports to support accounting team as
- Oversees the general ledgers for all grant contracts in the
Clinic, Behavior Health Services (BHS) and Northwest Community
Action Center (NCAC) divisions.
- Assists with identifying fixed assets and maintains
- Assists with monthly reconciliation process for subsidiary
ledgers and the general ledger.
- Assists with preparation of monthly journal entries to support
the month end processes required by Generally Accepted Accounting
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate s Degree in Accounting or Business
Administration. Two years experience with general ledger and grants
accounting may be substituted for the required education.
- Experience: Two years experience in bookkeeping and general
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of basic
Accounting principles and general ledger transactions. In-depth
knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance
requirements. Knowledge of accounting procedures related to grants.
Ability to work with detailed data and maintain accurate records.
Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks
simultaneously. Strong organization skills. Ability to work
independently with minimal supervision. Ability to exercise
independent judgement and solid decision making. Ability to handle
confidential information with discretion. Effective verbal and
written communication skills. Intermediate proficiency with Excel.
Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including
Microsoft Outlook and Word.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: annuities, bond, buy,
derivatives, investor, market, risk, security, stock, s p
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Financial Specialist I, Other , Outlook, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!