Scheduling Coordinator - Temporary
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Provides exemplary customer service in facilitating all aspects
of patient scheduling activities. Manages the scheduling phone
queue and assists patients with initial and follow up appointments
with providers. Responsible for insurance verification on all
scheduled patient accounts.
What We Offer
- $16-$19/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- Manages the multi-line scheduling phone queue and transfers
calls to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Schedules patient appointments for medical and integrated
providers according to scheduling guidelines, appointment type, and
- Verifies and updates current patient demographic information
including contact information, insurance, and income
- Notifies patient of schedule adjustments at direction of
Supervisor including rescheduled and cancelled appointments.
Updates the schedule for any changes.
- Assesses patient s need to meet with the Patient Benefits
Coordinator (PBC) regarding benefits and insurance options.
Schedules appointments with the PBC as needed.
- Manages various scheduling work queues daily including:
Cancellation/No Show, Recall, Rescheduling and Waitlist.
- Provides outgoing calls related to registries and outreach for
- Provides backup support to other Front Office positions as
- May perform Lead duties by acting as a liaison between line
staff and the direct supervisor. Responsible for maintaining the
day-to-day flow of the department including managing breaks,
lunches, sick calls and overtime. Provides insights to management
regarding the skill level and performance of employees. Provides
training to new employees and existing staff when needed. Performs
quality audits and reports findings to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Experience: One year's experience working in a call center,
scheduling appointments, and/or clerical work in a healthcare
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on
the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential
pay. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks
simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Strong interpersonal
skills with the ability to interact with patients, providers and
staff in a professional manner. Basic knowledge of medical
terminology preferred. Basic knowledge of the Epic systems
preferred. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs
including Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
good. We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior
and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Scheduling Coordinator - Temporary, Other , Toppenish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!