Part Time Inventory Coordinator
Company: Jo-Ann Fabrics
Location: Moses Lake
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Inventory Coordinator's responsibility first and foremost is to
deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity
within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team
Members drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative
merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. Inventory Coordinators
will review inbound product deliveries and work schedules to ensure
delivery coverage. They will also maintain backroom standards by
accurately processing freight and taking full account of physical
inventory to ensure product is continuously flowing to the sales
floor. This team member is fully accountable for annual physical
inventory of the store. The Inventory Coordinator will also embody
characteristics and perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and
Responsibilities & Competencies
* Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs
* Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project needs
and escorts them to the desired product's location
* Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floor.
* Performs on-hand counts of physical inventory throughout the back
room and sales floor to ensure all inventory is accounted for
* Receives and unloads truck deliveries with close attention to
detail and ensures freight is organized and undamaged. Required to
enter and exit truck bed to remove freight. Unloads freight from
the truck and sorts it according to company procedures. Lift boxes
from truck and receiving area, place, and arrange items on shelves
* Processes freight received from trucks to ensure all merchandise
is accounted for and ready to be sent to the sales floor when
* Cleans and organizes the back room and maintains high standards
in the cleanliness and quality of their work area
* Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while
maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to
* Consults with store management regarding inventory discrepancy
and product flow issues to reduce shrink
* Merchandises product in a way that catches the customer's
attention and promotes sales
* Constantly improves processes and seeks innovative ways to create
a better flow of inventory throughout the store
* Works closely with store management to ensure that incoming
freight has a strategic plan for movement onto the sales floor
* Communicates freight plan to other team members and promotes
whole store participation in the movement of freight
* Partners with store management to align scheduled hours with the
inbound product flow to create full workload coverage
* Monitors team member work practices and provides guidance on
receiving/stocking store policies
Applicable laws may place restrictions on a Team Members ability to
perform certain work duties listed in this job description. Please
contact your manager if you have any questions regarding the
limitations on the duties you can perform.
* Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
* Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
* Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
* Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift.
* Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
* Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
* Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
* Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
* Bend down and reach above head.
* Climb and descend ladder.
* Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97 pounds
(under 2 lbs on a constant basis, 10 lbs on a frequent basis, 10-49
lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97 lbs group lifts on an
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the
store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less
than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period, as
defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work
any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of
day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings,
weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled
according to needs of the store and the team member's availability.
Relocation may be required for career progression.
Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work at
least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year.
Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all
hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of
week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends,
overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these
requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company's
full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs
of the store and the team member's availability. Relocation may be
required for career progression.
Education & Experience
Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum - 0-2 years experience
Preferred - Previous supervisory experience
This position will be located at:
1020 Stratford Road Moses Lake, WA 98837
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary
is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will
employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by
JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the
at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by
both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Fabrics, Yakima , Part Time Inventory Coordinator, Professions , Moses Lake, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!