Company: Lamb Weston Holdings Inc
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Title: Maintenance- Operator/Laborer
Location: Paterson, WA
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato,
appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers
around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced
innovative, inventive products that make life better for our
customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Maintenance-Operator/Laborer (primarily in the Fixed Assets
Department) performs tasks involving operating heavy equipment to
construction labor at building and other Farm projects.
- Operating backhoe, track hoe, forklifts and loaders.
- Cleans construction site to eliminate possible
- Tends machine that pumps concrete through spray-gun for
application to ceilings and walls.
- Mixes ingredients to create compounds used to cover or clean
- Builds and positions forms for pouring concrete and dismantles
forms after use using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Digs ditches and levels earth to grade specifications using
pick and shovel.
- Positions, joins, aligns, and seals structural components such
as concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal
- Smooth and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete, using
float, trowel, screed, or powered cement finishing tool.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements using hand
tools, machines, or power saw.
- Assembles and fastens materials using hand tools and wood
screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue, to make framework or
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and
other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking
machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools.
- Installs structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames,
floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter's hand and power
- Fills cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and
sands patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding
- Finishes surfaces of woodworking or wallboard in houses and
buildings, using paint, hand tools, and paneling.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structure and
repairs or replaces, using hand tools.
- Measures and marks cutting lines on materials, using ruler,
pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Verifies trueness of structure, using plumb bob and
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass,
or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Estimates amount and kind of lumber or other materials required
and selects and orders them.
- Paints surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or rollers.
- Occasionally sands surfaces between coats and polishes final
coat to specified finish.
- Cuts stencils, and brushes and sprays lettering and decorations
- Occasionally smoothes surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers,
brushes, steel wool, or sanding machine.
- Mixes and matches colors of paint, stain, or varnish.
- Fills cracks, holes, and joints with caulk putty, plaster, or
other filler, using caulking gun or putty knife.
- Removes fixtures, such as pictures and electric switchovers,
from walls prior to painting.
- Occasionally burns off old paint, using blowtorch.
- Covers surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to
protect surface during painting.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to work above ground
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor or
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts
- Assembles, installs, and/or repairs plumbing.
- Paints and repairs woodwork and plaster.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other
wooden structures, such as sheds and outbuildings.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or GED or 6 months of related
- Basic Tool experience
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our
benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the
most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and
Health Reimbursement Accounts
Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness
Paid Time Off
Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous
company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock
purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident
Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other
concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status,
and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining
Job Requisition ID: Req-222220
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any
other protected factor under federal, state or local law
Keywords: Lamb Weston Holdings Inc, Yakima , Maintenance- Operator/Laborer, Professions , Paterson, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!