Company: WA Dept. of Corrections
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and
qualified individual to fill one full time permanent
Plumber/Pipefitter/Steamfitter Supervisor position at Coyote Ridge
COYOTE RIDGE CORRECTIONS CENTER (CRCC) is located on a 60-acre site
about 40 miles north of the Tri-Cities. CRCC is comprised of
two-complexes. The Main Security Complex (MSC) is a 2,048 bed
facility that houses offenders with Medium and MI3 Custody. MSC
consists of 4 Hybrid units and 4 Medium units. The Minimum Security
Unit (MSU) is a 480 bed facility that houses assisted living and
MI2 Custody offenders. MSU consists of 2 units. This is a
work/program orientated facility that offers many educational,
vocational, and self-help programs and Class II and Class III
Correctional Industries work programs.
Whether the work is inside a prison, in community corrections, or
in an administrative office, the Washington State Department of
Corrections professional staff experience a high degree of personal
satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all
offenders can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer
society.Note: This recruitment may be used to fill future
**Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Under the supervision of the Construction and Maintenance Project
Supervisor, this position is responsible for maintaining the
facility plumbing and potable water delivery systems within a state
prison. This position supervises an incarcerated individual (I/I)
work crew. The job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain, repair, and install plumbing, water, steam, and
sewage systems within the facility.
- Prepare cost estimate and projections for assigned tasks and
- Maintain sufficient on hand supplies to accomplish required
- Prioritize tasks based on facility safety and security
- Use current facility procedures to hire and interview I/I
- Ensure that the facility safety and security procedures are
adhered to DOC Tool and Key control and accountability.
- Instruct I/I's in the proper use of tools and equipment use in
the maintenance, repair, and installation of the facility plumbing
- Regularly inspect buildings, equipment and fixtures to
determine the need for maintenance and repair.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program to ensure
documented regular inspections and service of systems, equipment
- Regularly visit equipment and fixture sites.
- Maintain all necessary records required for this
- Complete and close work orders assigned using the current CRCC
procedures. Maintain accurate I/I payroll records, hiring records
and training records, as well as I/I disciplinary action
- Accomplishment of work orders and tasks may require after hours
and weekend work.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Current vehicle operators license
Journeyman Plumber License *
Two (2) years Journeyman level experience
Backflow assembly tester certified
*Please attach a copy of your Journeyman Plumber License to your
Note: The successful candidate will be required to have or have the
ability to obtain a Backflow Assembly Tester Certification issued
by the Department of Social and Health Services within 6 months of
- Ability to organize I/I work crew effectively and teach them
desired work skills.
- Ability to quickly and accurately troubleshoot system
- Establish reasonable and attainable objectives for I/I crew,
and objectively evaluate their performance.
- Ability to administer corrective action to I/I's when
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics and drawings.
Develop design drawings and cost estimates.
- Ability to operate all tools required of this
- Ability to comply with all facility security
- Ability to provide any required record keeping on demand.
COVID 19 Vaccination RequirementPursuant to , all Washington State
executive branch employees, on-site contractors, and volunteers
must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18th,
Keywords: WA Dept. of Corrections, Yakima , Plumber/Pipefitter/Steamfitter Supervisor, Professions , Connell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!