Company: Beta Hatch
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionBeta Hatch (www.betahatch.com), is a pioneering
biotechnology company, and the U.S. leader in the industrialization
of mealworm production for animal feed. Mealworms are a quiet,
non-biting beetle that lives in relatively dry and clean
environments. We are seeking Experienced Forklift and/or Reach
Truck Operators to work at our newly opened Flagship facility
located in Cashmere, WA. About the Company:At Beta Hatch, our goal
is to disrupt the $400B animal feed industry by providing more
sustainable nutrients for our livestock and crops. We are working
towards these goals by making insects an integral part of our food
systems. At Beta Hatch, we know bugs better than anyone and we use
our expertise in entomology, engineering, and indoor agriculture to
grow the most efficient and nutritious insects. We are scaling
mealworm production as an alternative protein source for chickens
and fish, and we also capture the insect's manure (frass) as a
nutrient-balanced fertilizer. About the Position:We are seeking
highly motivated, experienced, dependable individuals to join our
team as Forklift Operators. As a Forklift Operator, you will move
full pallets of product and supplies from overhead racking by
safely operating forklifts and/or reach trucks, load and unload
trucks, move supplies, and waste as needed. Candidates must have at
least three years' experience working in a warehouse environment
operating Forklifts.Job Responsibilities:
- Drives sit-down and stand-up reach trucks.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Ensures the safe and efficient movement of goods.
- Follows safety regulations and company guidelines.
- Checks that loads are centered and properly stacked.
- Determines when repairs need to be made on equipment.
- Loads and unloads product from and onto trailers for shipping
- Scanning pallets to track inventory.
- Shrink wraps goods or otherwise secures them and prepares them
- Weighs and records weights of products.
- Analyzes productions schedules to determine timely retrieval
and transportation of materials and products.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education, Experience &
- Previous warehouse experience including at least 3 years as
Forklift and/or Reach Truck Operator.
- Prior experience as a certified forklift operator.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Previous OSHA training a plus.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50lbs unassisted and stand on
feet for up to 4 hours at a time with frequent reaching, bending,
kneeling, grasping, walking and carrying.
- Ability to work in a cold, warm, humid and/or dusty
- Beta Hatch offers competitive compensation with pay starting at
$20 per hour. This position is eligible for Beta Hatch benefits
(Healthcare, Dental, and Life Insurance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off)
as per company policy. This role may be eligible for overtime on
occasion.Beta Hatch is committed to a diverse and inclusive
workplace. Beta Hatch is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability,
age, or other legally protected status.Beta Hatch is committed to a
diverse and inclusive workplace. Beta Hatch is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national
origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Beta Hatch, Yakima , Forklift Operator, Professions , Cashmere, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!