Operator / Plant Laborer - American Rock Products (Hermiston, OR)
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job ID: 475627
American Rock Products., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West
Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and
internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national
aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies.
For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of
quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction
services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our
commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to break into the
construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career,
our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to
grow with an industry leader. In this role, you'll perform various
tasks to assist with the production of concrete. You'll play an
integral part as we provide materials to help build our
communities. We work hard, and we have fun doing it!
If you're someone that enjoys working outdoors, helping others and
being a part of building something great, this is the career path
for you. Limited experience? No worries! We'll assist with training
to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you've
got the drive, we'll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: DOE w/ potential for overtime
* Family Culture - We treat our team like family
* Generous Paid Time Off
* 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
* Potential for Overtime
* Opportunities for Internal Mobility
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Training Provided
* Tuition Reimbursement Program - We'll assist with continuing
education that aligns with your career goals
* Employee Assistance Program
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Short- & Long-Term Disability
* Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
* Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics,
automotive, travel & more!
* Opportunities for Community Engagement
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
* Assist at Boardman plant when needed.
* Operate equipment safely and efficiently within its designed
* Load trucks with proper materials for delivery.
* Fuel, oil, grease and check other necessary loader parts to
ensure proper function of equipment.
* Maintains cleanliness of yard premises
* Assist other departments with maintenance, operations, and/or
other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
* Promptly communicate with supervisors on any flaws in material or
* Operates water truck, front end loader, skid steer and pick-up
* Demonstrates safe work habits and takes an active role in the
Company's safety program
* Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
* Regular and timely attendance.
* Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Valid driver's license required
* Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance, and
* Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as
maintain a safe work environment
* Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment
* Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct
* Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal
* Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job
* Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as
* Must pass physical exam and pre-employment-controlled substance
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to
signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required
to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms
above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold
and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to loud.
* The statements included in this job description are not intended
to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential function
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds
of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that
together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized,
diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company
environment while having the career opportunities of large
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the
first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be
brought to our official employment application. Please complete
your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our
system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest!
American Rock Products, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2022
Keywords: CRH Plc., Yakima , Operator / Plant Laborer - American Rock Products (Hermiston, OR), Professions , Hermiston, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!