Information Services Security Analyst - Hybrid Or Full Remote
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: March 18, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy, including the
Covid-19 primary series. The organization does not mandate the
Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
Works with the Information Services (IS) Security Manager to ensure
that security requirements are in place to protect the
organization's mission and business processes. Responsible for
day-to-day operations, monitoring, and maintenance of in-place
security solutions. Manages detected security related events or
audits as required. Ensures compliance with the organization's
security goals and regulatory obligations. Participates in the
design of the security strategy and plan.
Remote candidates must reside in one of these U.S. states: WA, OR,
CA, AZ, CO, TX, IL, IN, MA, MD, VA, NC, GA, FL.
What we offer
- Salary $76,000 to $100,000 DOE with ability to go higher for
highly experienced candidates (salary will be prorated if less than
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Operates, monitors, and maintains security controls and
solutions including ensuring proper configuration to allow maximum
protection while maintaining user availability of appropriate
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for security best
practices and associated regulatory requirements and assists
Network and Systems Engineers in designing architecture to ensure
proper protections are in place.
- Performs the identification, investigation, and resolution of
security-related events including audits and potential breaches.
Ensures that proper investigative protocol is followed to ensure
evidence integrity and legal permissibility. Ensures proper
root-cause analysis and future mitigation is completed.
- Creates and maintains security policies, standards, guidelines
and procedures incorporating industry best-practices.
- Maintains a security program that aligns with department and
organizational strategic goals and incorporates the enterprise risk
- Maintains the IS Business Contingency/Disaster Recovery plan
under direction of manager. Participates in the security, risk, and
disaster recovery procedure testing including table-top
discussions, live tests, and event scenarios.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes the security systems
infrastructure and logs. Performs regular capacity planning and
performance tuning/configuration management. Recommends
improvements to provide better confidentiality, integrity, and
availability of systems.
- Performs periodic and as-needed security risk analyses, tracks
gaps, and makes recommendations for mitigation to ensure compliance
with regulatory requirements and industry best-practices. Conducts
vulnerability audits and assessments ensuring that results are
tracked, reported, and mitigated.
- Participates in security group meetings, including scheduling,
managing discussion topics, actions items, and follow-up.
- Creates communication materials and training for IS personnel
and end-users, including security awareness posters, corporate
orientation materials, intranet articles, in-person classes, and
- Conducts research on new enterprise security solutions,
services, and standards, evaluating them for their applicability to
the department and organization and makes recommendations for
- Works with manager to recommend, coordinate, test, and
implement key process improvements as they relate to any new or
existing equipment, hardware, or software.
- Ensures maintenance of security infrastructure documentation
and technical specifications on all security-related systems and
- Provides reports for senior IS management as required for
presentation to organizational leadership.
- May have duties related to Epic Security that include
attendance at governance committee meetings and the Security
Advisory Board. Designs the access and identity management
maintenance program. Coordinates and facilitates significant user
and/or Provider security modifications and additions.
- May require periodic travel by automobile to various YVFWC
sites located across our service regions (Washington and Oregon) to
engage with business partners and provide IS support as needed.
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in Information Assurance,
Cybersecurity or Information Technology. Four years' experience in
security design, maintenance and implementation may be substituted
for the required education.
- Experience: Two years' experience as a Security Analyst,
Systems Analyst, and/or Systems Engineer. Experience securing
web-based environments. Two years' experience in a Security Analyst
role in a healthcare environment preferred. Experience working in a
highly regulated environment with Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA) and/or Criminal Justice Information
Service (CJIS) governance preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: IT Security
Implementation/Investigation related certifications such as CISSP
or GSE highly preferred. Epic certification may be required if
overseeing the Epic application.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of industry
trends in security in a corporate environment. Knowledge of
security fundamentals related to networking environments. Knowledge
of proper security event investigative protocol. Knowledge of
security governance concepts and practices and their applications
inside an organization. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Active
Directory and Unix server environments. Knowledge of disaster
recovery best practices. Effective project management capability
throughout the project lifecycle of planning, organizing, managing,
and finalizing outcomes. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in
a fast paced environment. Ability to analyze and conduct in-depth
research into IS related security events for root-cause analysis.
Strong listening and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Intermediate proficiency with a variety of computer programs
including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment Associated topics: attack, identity,
information assurance, information security, protect, security,
security analyst, security engineer, violation, vulnerability
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Information Services Security Analyst - Hybrid Or Full Remote, Professions , Granger, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...