Assistant Truck Dispatcher Ref # 23-77
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Assistant Truck Dispatcher
Are you interested in driving change? Do you have a
curiosity-driven mindset to discover what is possible? Are you a
self-driven individual with integrity? Do you want to be part of a
department that is on the path to become uniquely extraordinary? If
so, join us as Stemilt's Assistant Truck Dispatcher. Stemilt, a
vertically integrated Company that brings wholesome and earth
friendly products to families around the world, and the largest
employer and pillar for the Wenatchee valley community, is looking
to become a leading employer, not just in its home valley but,
around Washington, and the world. If you are an open-minded,
continuously learning individual that looks to push the limits, and
is beyond ego This Company is for you. We are World Famous! Join
us, you will love it here !
As Stemilt's Assistant Truck Dispatcher you are charged with
supporting the smooth operation of Stemilt's Hauling Department.
The Assistant Truck Dispatcher assists the Truck Dispatcher in
coordinating and managing the movement of goods and delivery
schedules. This position supports four thousand Stemilters and it's
required to deliver extraordinary customer service at all levels ,
as well as assist with dispatching and tracking truck drivers,
communicating with customers, and ensuring timely and efficient
delivery of goods. Exceptional problem-solving skills a must .
- Enter internal orders into Stemilt computer system and assign
- Will answer phones from growers and dispatch appropriate truck
- Communicate with drivers and provide them with necessary
information, such as routes, load details, and delivery
- Handle customer inquiries and resolve issues related to
delivery schedules, delays, or changes in plans.
- Coordinate with other departments, such as Operations, Sales,
and Logistics, to ensure smooth operations and timely
- Maintain accurate records of dispatching activities, including
driver assignments, routes, and load details.
- Assist with monitoring and managing fuel consumption, mileage,
and maintenance schedules for trucks.
- Provide administrative support, such as preparing reports, data
entry, and filing.
- Contribute to the team and the Company in various other ways
when requested or required. Reports to: Truck Dispatcher
What we bring to your table:
- A World Famous! benefits package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Matched 401(k)
- Paid holidays
- Performance Incentive Plan
- An amazing opportunity to create new performance standards and
help lead a new team, develop knowledge and new career growth
paths. What you bring to our World Famous! Table:
- 2+ years' experience in scheduling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED required, and related experience in
transportation a plus. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus but not
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to be productive individually as well as while part of
- Highly organized
- Ability to deliver high quality results with an exceptional
transparent, consultative, and partnering attitude.
- Ability to interact and connect with all Stemilters.
- A commitment to understand that change is the only constant and
a practice of change with purpose, flexibility, and adaptability is
- A desire to deliver an extraordinary experience at every
interaction, in fact World Famous! Success defined:
- Timely and efficient delivery of Stemilt products to our
Keywords: Stemilt, Yakima , Assistant Truck Dispatcher Ref # 23-77, Professions , Malaga, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!