Director Of Facilities Maintenance & Property Management
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Administer and direct the corporate maintenance program for the
repair and maintenance of all facility structures, building
systems, utility systems, grounds, hardscapes, and equipment.
Manage all new and on-going corporate facility lease agreements. In
addition, this position administers various support activities such
as construction projects, implementation of new and maintaining of
existing security and access control systems, and the purchase of
new and retirement of old corporate vehicle inventory.
What We Offer
- Salary $94,000-$126,000 DOE with ability to go higher for
highly experienced candidates (salary will be prorated if less than
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Relocation allowance available.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides
continuous performance management and conducts employee performance
evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues,
clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational
and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with
the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities
incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff.
Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations,
policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that
respects diverse ideas, backgrounds and styles. Supports diversity
through the selection, management, and retention of diverse
employees. Creates, drives and maintains an employee engagement
- Provides direction and oversight to the maintenance and
janitorial staff for all facilities to ensure facilities and
grounds are maintained per organization standards for quality and
- Oversees the use of the Computerized Maintenance Management
System (CMMS), through Oracle, for the repair of buildings,
building systems, and equipment and grounds maintenance. Ensures
the CMMS is maintained, accurate and up to date, including setup
and input for new sites and associated equipment.
- Owns the developing, executing, and tracking of the
preventative maintenance schedule in CMMS.
- Directs the Maintenance Project Supervisor with corporate-wide
facilities assessments and annual maintenance budgeting.
- Leads the team and owns the review of the design and
specifications of all new building and remodel projects, focusing
on building HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security, access control,
door hardware, landscape, and hardscape systems to ensure they meet
the corporations' standards of design.
- Manages company owned vehicle inventory, tracking repair
history, mileage, and condition of each vehicle in order to create
a current and prioritized list for replacement.
- Reviews facilities related incident reports in Yakima Valley
Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) incident reporting software and
facilitates appropriate follow up, repairs, or corrections if
- Formulates, administers, reviews, and approves policies and
procedures owned by Facilities Maintenance for company s intranet
resource, First Source.
- Through CMMS, oversees maintenance purchase order (PO) process
from initial PO approval to final approval of invoice for corporate
wide repairs and maintenance.
- Develops corporate maintenance program and establishes budgets
for all large maintenance and repairs projects and maintenance
upgrade projects, including staffing policies, work order
structuring, prioritization, and scheduling.
- Develops long-range planning for repairs and renovations of
buildings, systems, grounds, and hardscapes, developing a
prioritized list of annual maintenance projects to coordinate
within an established schedule and budget.
- Establishes vendor contracts for building janitorial,
landscape, and hardscape maintenance, and other misc. vendor
contracts for all new YVFWC sites.
- Leads the team to develop physical security management policies
encompassing security design, monitoring, maintenance, management,
and corporate oversight.
- Owns the managing, tracking, and renewing of all on-going
facility leases in the corporation, as well as working with
internal departments for establishing needs for negotiating new
- Conducts and leads bi-annual corporate wide maintenance
supervisor meetings for on-going coordination of changes related to
building maintenance, building systems, grounds, and safety.
- Collaborates with Operations to participate in the interview
and selection process for clinical site maintenance personnel.
- Ensures department is in compliance with federal, state, and
local statutes and regulations as well as other corporate
healthcare related regulations such as Joint Commission.
- Communicates with the corporation community to determine if
their facility related needs are being met and the quality of
department services are to their satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in Facility Maintenance,
Construction Management, Engineering, Business Management, or other
related field is preferred. Additional relevant work experience may
substitute for the Bachelor's Degree.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and at least 6 years of
experience in facilities maintenance or construction-related field,
- Associate's degree and at least 8 years of experience in
facilities maintenance or construction-related field, OR
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in
facilities maintenance or construction-related field.
- Of total work experience in facilities maintenance or
construction-related field, 3 or more years must be in a
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Maintenance Manager
certification or Building Maintenance Certification preferred.
Valid Driver s License and proof of automobile liability insurance
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of building
maintenance, construction, and building systems. Skills to work
effectively with all levels of individuals within and outside the
organization. Skills to prioritize work, handle a variety of tasks
simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Skills to effectively
manage multiple, concurrent priorities. Comprehensive knowledge in
planning and scheduling of all phases of building and grounds
maintenance and repair work. Substantial technical and
administrative skills and knowledge, including cost management,
risk management and computerized maintenance management systems.
Knowledge and experience in building/space lease agreement
negotiations and language. Experience in developing and managing
annual and on-going budgets. Strong analytical and decision-making
skills to assess an issue and determine an optimal solution.
Knowledge and skills to use and understand construction materials
such as design drawings, As-Built drawings, Operations &
Maintenance (O&M) manuals, and equipment manuals. Skills to
trouble-shoot building systems and articulate the situation/problem
to others. Strong organizational development and leadership skills.
Skills to effectively lead and manage a department and a team.
Proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft
Outlook, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment Associated topics: community, housing
assistant, manage, management, manager, manager i, manager iv,
manager facilities, office manager, property manager
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima , Director Of Facilities Maintenance & Property Management, Professions , Outlook, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!