Construction and Maintenance Project Specialist #12415
Company: WA State Parks
Posted on: December 29, 2018
Lake Easton State Park is looking for a Construction and Maintenance Project Specialist. Duties: Under general supervision by the Construction & Maintenance Supervisor, the Construction & Maintenance Project Specialist, performs duties of construction, maintenance, repair, and equipment operation within the Central cascades Area, which includes Lake Easton State Park, Ginkgo Petrified Forest State Park, Wanapum State Park, Olmstead Place State Park, Helen McCabe State Park, Palouse To Cascades State Park Trail, Yakima Sportsman State Park, Fort Simcoe State Park and the South Cle Elum National Historic District.Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs work in construction and repair of buildings and other structures, roads, pathways, walks, fences, and related facilities in a State Park or other park facility.
- Leads and directs a crew engaged in installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing, electrical, steam, heating, domestic and irrigation water pump systems, sewage and other systems and equipment.
- Inspects buildings, grounds equipment and fixtures to determine the need for maintenance or repair. Operates and maintains construction tools and equipment.
- Repair or alter buildings and other structures such as offices, laboratories, greenhouses, shops, sheds, barns, partitions, and walk-in coolers from plans, sketches or instruction; construct new facilities from blueprints and specifications. Install, repair, and maintain electrical, mechanical, and structural systems of buildings and utility distribution systems.
- Construct forms, pour and finish concrete floors, walls, foundations, stairs, curbing and sidewalks. Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, rebuild and maintain boilers, heating and ventilating systems, power distribution systems, refrigeration equipment, air conditioning systems, water systems and wastewater systems.
- Operate power tools and equipment such as welders, threading machines, lathes, sheet metal brakes and shears, pipe and conduit benders, saws, grinders, presses, spray guns and related equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair work on all types of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Operate motorized equipment such as backhoes, front-end loaders, trenchers, excavators, stump grinders, dump trucks, tractors, mowers, snow cats, snow blowers and related equipment incidental to the construction, remodel and repair of facilities.
- Perform routine facilities, water and sewer system maintenance including seasonal startup and shutdown procedures, routine inspections and repairs. Performs monthly and as needed water system sampling, inspection and documentation.
- Work with supervisor and other area staff in responding to and evaluating park maintenance needs. Determines action to be taken, timelines, develops work plans, obtains required permits, acquires material, and communicates manpower and funding needs to supervisor.
- Perform grounds maintenance duties in the area which include operation of spray equipment, assessing herbicide needs, determining type of herbicides, application of herbicides, and completing require documentation.
- Maintain health and safety standards.
Keywords: WA State Parks, Yakima , Construction and Maintenance Project Specialist #12415, Professions , Yakima, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!