Regional Director -Temporarily remote
Company: United Farm Workers of America
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The United Farm Workers is seeking a talented and motivated
Regional Director to be part of the Farm Worker Movement in the
Pacific North West (PNW) and be based at the UFW's Oregon
The Regional Director develops, coordinates, and executes
operational plans to meet or exceed the needs of union members
while actively involved in membership growth initiatives, develops
or adopts organizational strategies that support benefit programs,
membership growth and renewal of contracts and directs programs
that support the development of the membership worker board and
stewards under the direction of the Fund Manager.This is not an
office job. KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, direct, and execute operational plans adhering to the
UFW vision using adopted management by results methods.
- Establish processes to identify and maximize financial
resources and use technology to control cost.
- Design and implement procedures to maintain accurate
information including grievance, arbitration and other membership
- Implement training models for worker boards and execute
strategies that encourage effective problem solving among staff,
workers and employers under contract.
- Cultivate a philosophy of membership growth and participation
by creating effective partnerships, communicating effectively and
- Use of cutting edge technologies and databases.
- Identify ways UFW relationship can bring value to contract
- Renegotiate current contracts prior to expiration
- Supervise staff
- Represent and communicate the UFW's policies in the Pacific
Northwest with workers, press, community
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to work
independently. Must be familiar with the history and mission of the
UFW and be willing to make long-term commitment. QUALIFICATIONS FOR
- HS Diploma or GED and equivalent experience. Associates Degree
preferred but not necessary.
- Five (5) years' experience in contract organizing and
representational organizing including one (1) year experience in
- Ability to design and implement creative and innovative
strategies which result in membership growth.
- Must be proficient with MS office applications (Word, Excel,
E-mail and Internet).
- Ability to speak, write, read Spanish and English .
COMPENSATION: Starting salary of $62,000 a year depending on
experience. Benefits package that includes family medical, dental,
vision, pension, 401k, 5 Paid Sick Days, 10 paid holidays & paid
Keywords: United Farm Workers of America, Yakima , Regional Director -Temporarily remote, Executive , Hermiston, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!